I’m excited to partner with Reynolds Wrap® for this sponsored recipe.
This Cream Cheese Salsa Dip is thick, rich and creamy from the inside, out! It is the perfect appetizer for game days!
Cream Cheese and Salsa Dip
This is one of those recipes that is always a hit! Thanks for my friend Amy, who showed me the recipe years ago, I still can’t stop thinking about it. It is the best dip while watching the football game or playing games around the table. With simple ingredients, this recipe is ready in no time! I love the added bread bowl for extra taste and texture to hold with the cheese dip. As the dip starts running out, it is always fun to peel apart and start dipping the bread in the remaining cheese sauce. It is thick, rich and creamy with a hard outer shell to hold it all together!
I love using Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil in this recipe because it creates a strong and tight wrap around the bowl. While this is bread bowl dip is baking, the foil also helps the bread bowl bake evenly, creating a crispy outside while maintaining a creamy, rich salsa dip on the inside. It is the perfect combination! Cream cheese and salsa dip is one of those dips that will be around for years to come. Dip with vegetables, chips, crackers and bread slices. It is always a family favorite and something that is easy to make even with the help of little hands!
Ingredients for Baked Cream Cheese Bread Bowl
This delicious bread bowl is loaded with cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and salsa for a little extra kick. Together, these ingredients create the most delicious baked cream cheese bread bowl dip.
- Cream Cheese: Soften the cream cheese the best that you can. Leaving it out on the countertop works great.
- Sour Cream: Cools down the spice, but adds to the creamy part of this dip.
- Salsa: Adds a little bit of spice and heat but not enough to make you sweat! It’s the perfect balance!
- Cheddar Cheese: Freshly shredded cheese off the block is best for baking, but a bag of shredded cheese will work and can save on time.
- Sourdough Loaf: Cut the top off the loaf and scoop out the inside of the bread to make a bread bowl.
- Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil: This thick and durable foil helps bake the bread bowl evenly and contains all the flavor wrapped up perfectly.
How to Make Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
It is quick and simple to make! Add all the ingredients together, place in a cut out bread bowl and wrap it up tightly using Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil making sure the entire bread bowl is wrapped in foil for baking. All together this is the best dip and a family favorite!
- Mix Together: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees in a medium-sized bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and cheese.
- Prepare the Bread Bowl: Cut the top off of the loaf and hollow out the loaf leaving a hole in the bread. Cut the remaining bread into cubes.
- Add Ingredients: Scoop the dip into the bread bowl. Using the foil, wrap the bread and seal. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it’s warm throughout. Place the remaining bread cubes on the baking sheet for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Enjoy! Serve with bread cubes, vegetables, and crackers.
Carving a Bread Bowl
Make your bread bowl from scratch using this No Knead Bread Recipe or pick your favorite kind of bread at your local grocery store. I love a good sourdough bread bowl or a Whole wheat one. The best size is a medium-sized bread bowl that is little enough to bake, but big enough to house all of the cream cheese dip. Once you have that ready it is an easy task to get started.
- Cut a large round out of the top of your bread bowl. This cut will be straight across.
- Using a spoon and knife carefully scoop out the center. Save all the extra bread pieces for dipping!
- Then fill with all the dip ingredients!
Why Use Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil?
Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil is thick and durable which holds things together and results in less mess. The rolls come in a wider 18-inch box making it easier for covering or lining larger roasting pans or foil packets like these Butter Garlic Herb Steak Foil Packets. Using something a little stronger is best to get the job done without worrying about tearing! Reynolds Wrap® is perfect for bigger and tougher recipes like this cream cheese salsa dip.
- Lining Pans for use in the oven
- Freezing meals ahead or storing leftovers
- Making foil packets or lock in moisture and flavor when you grill, bake or cook.
- Protects against both heat and freezing cold.
How to Wrap a Salsa Bread Bowl
Place the bread bowl filled with the cream cheese salsa dip in the middle of a piece of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil. Slowly and gently without the ingredients falling out, fold up each side of the foil and cover all around the bread bowl until you no longer see the bread bowl. Place in the oven and bake!
Tips and Variations for Making the Best Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
This cream cheese salsa dip is so fun to make. It is quick and easy and will be a family favorite for years and game days to come! With these tips and variations, you will be able to customize your appetizer just the way you like it.
- Food Processor: Make this dip easily by mixing it using a food processor. Mix it until it’s smooth and creamy or more on the thick side. It is all in how you like it!
- Add Ins: Any vegetables, spinach, corn or garbanzo beans even add in refried beans for a smooth texture.
- Cheese: Add a little more spice with jalapeño jack cheese or a Mexican blend.
- Salsa: Use any of your favorite salsas, chunky salsa, thin fresh salsa or my homemade garden salsa.
- Protein: Add in shredded chicken or ground beef to create a more filling salsa dip. Even create a dinner with it!
- Taco seasoning: Upgrade the cream cheese salsa dip with some taco seasoning to create a delicious Mexican style dip.
- Add Toppings over top! Once cooked, sprinkle extra cheese, olives, tomatoes, or lettuce or sour cream to enhance the cream cheese salsa dip a little more.
I always love dips and appetizers that you can make ahead of time. This baked cream cheese salsa dip is just that! This simple recipe is quick to put together and will allow you to spend more time with your family. Simply mix the ingredients together and place in the bread bowl. Seal the bread bowl tightly with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it.This can be prepared one day in advance.
Make it the night before or throw it together before the game when the cravings hit! Grab chips, vegetables and crackers to start dipping. Watch it disappear quickly!
More Delicious Appetizers to Try
Cream Cheese Salsa dip in a Bread Bowl
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and cheese.
Cut the top off of the loaf and hollow out the loaf leaving a hole in the bread. Cut the remaining bread into cubes.
Scoop the dip into the bread bowl. Using the Reynolds Wrap® foil the bread and seal. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated throughout. Place the remaining bread cubes on the baking sheet the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Serve with bread cubes, veggies, and crackers.